Analyze and evaluate how quality is defined, measured, and reported with regards to the S-P-O model..
Week 1 Discussion Due: 9/24/20 Thursday
Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the Week, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area
S-P-O Model of Healthcare Quality
You have studied Donabedian’s structure-process-outcome (S-P-O) model (Kelly, 2017) of healthcare quality in your textbook readings. Based on your reading, respond to the following:
- Analyze and evaluate how quality is defined, measured, and reported with regards to the S-P-O model.
- What structural characteristics of the S-P-O model do you think are necessary in creating an effective and efficient process? Why?
- Does evidence-based medicine play a role in the S-P-O model and quality outcomes of care? Justify using examples.
Ayanian, J. Z., & Markel, H. (2016). Donabedian’s lasting framework for health care quality. The New England Journal of Medicine, 375(3), 205-207. Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.southuniversity.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/1806105238?accountid=87314
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your initial posting should be addressed at 300-500 words. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned of this Week. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
- Respond to your peers throughout the Week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by the end of this Week.
- Use the following rubric as a guide to complete your discussion responses.