Develop a public relations research plan to analyze audiences, assess alternatives, and develop needed information to support decisions.
Assignment 2: Developing a Public Relations Plan, Part 2
Due Week 8 and worth 330 points This paper will be a revised and expanded version of the first paper. Based on your instructor’s feedback, you will first revise the first paper. Write 5-6 new pages in which you:
- Describe the mix of media you would use to implement your public relations campaign and explain in detail your objectives for each media form.
- Explain in detail how you can take advantage of community relations to generate positive publicity for your organization.
- Describe the government relations tactics you would use as part of your public relations campaign, and explain in detail how these tactics will help you achieve your objectives.
- Draft a news release that you will use in your public relations campaign.
- Explain in detail how the content, style, and essentials of your news release will help you persuade the public to your point of view.
Your assignment must:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze a communication process, identify dysfunctional aspects of the process, and develop action plans to improve the communications
- Formulate and plan the implementation of public relations strategies to accomplish stated public relations objectives relative to various publics (media, employees, communities, governments, consumers, and international entities).
- Develop a public relations research plan to analyze audiences, assess alternatives, and develop needed information to support decisions
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public relations.
- Write clearly and concisely about public relations issues using proper writing mechanics.