For the third essay, you are going to select a debatable issue that you feel strongly about and explain why you feel strongly about the issue. The assignment will include the essay (Max. 3 pages) and a MLA works cited (1 page). The assignment should not exceed four pages.
- The most important thing is that you fully use you analytical skills in using the appropriate rhetorical structure.
- I will be looking for the use of opening and concluding strategies. Please underline your thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
- The style will be formal, and I want to see how well you can utilize the standards of American Edited English.
- I will be looking to see how well you provide evidence to support your position. Be sure to cite any research/statistics within your paper. Follow MLA guidelines.
- I am looking for grammatical perfection, so the essay must be readable and free of mechanical errors that distract your reader.
- Do not repeat any errors from previous papers. Your writing must show growth/improvement to obtain a satisfactory grade
- You will be required to upload your paper into to Turn it in. Papers that generate more than 25% matching other online sources will receive a failing grade.
- All these criteria will be considered in light of the Gordon Rule Rubric.
Note: I will also need:
Please share your proposed argument topic with your classmates.
What is you personal position about this issue? (Write at least one paragraph)