What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users by using lean thinking?.
What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users by using lean thinking?
Place of Submission:Students Grade Centre
Weight: 10 Marks
1. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
2. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
3. The capacity to write coherent project about actual logistic case studies.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
Use Saudi digital Library (SDL) search engine
Search Title: THE BENEFITS OF LEAN MANUFACTURING what lean thinking offers the process Industries
Authors Name: Melton,T
Source:In 7th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Research and Design June 2005 83(6):662-673
Read out the research paper carefully andbased on your understanding you should answer the following questions.
1. Define why Manufacturing Companies emphases on lean thinking? Justify your answer with suitable example. (3 Marks)
2. What do you understand by the term overproduction? Why do you think overproduction waste described as the biggest waste while comparing to all other type of waste? (3 Marks)
3. What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users by using lean thinking? (3 Marks)
4. Use APA referencing style (1 Mark)
Note:You can assume any manufacturing company of your choice while answering questions.