What types of natural disasters have a high probability of impacting a business in your area? .
In this assignment, you will learn more about business continuity planning – what it is, and why it is important.
After completing this assignment, you will be able to:
- Identify the main requirements of a business continuity plan.
- Express the need for business continuity plans in the face of potential natural disasters.
This assignment will prepare you for Project 1.4: Business Technology Analysis.
- Read the following articles natural disasters and business continuity.
- How Natural Disasters Terrorize the World in One Infographic, Matt Johnston, February 5, 2015
- Seven Ways to Start Your Business Continuity Plan, James Rivera, Small Business Administration, March 15, 2019
- It’s Good Business To Prepare For Disaster, FEMA
- Business Protection Toolkit, FEMA
- Other Business Tools, FEMA
- Preparedness Planning for Your Business, ready.gov
- Watch the following video about the importance of business continuity planning:
0:00 / 3:471x1.3 Business Continuity
3. Practice your understanding of business continuity requirements by taking the practice quiz below. You can take the quiz multiple times. Hints are provided for incorrect answers.
Respond to the following questions, basing your answers on the video above.
Copy and paste these questions into the response field below. Then type your answers below each question.
Imagine you own a business in the area where you live. Then answer the following questions:
- What types of natural disasters have a high probability of impacting a business in your area?
- How would these types of disasters impact your ability to keep the business operational?
- How severe would the impact of a disaster be?
- How long do these disasters typically last?